Lebanese cuisines are known for its fresh vegetables, edible seeds, legumes, nuts and fruits, and low to non-fat dairy products. Olive oil is a must in every Lebanese cooking; a substance categorized as healthy fats because of its monounsaturated fatty acids. It can lower the cholesterol level and improve heart health. One of the Lebanese staple cuisines can be found here https://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/baba-ganoush-recipe-roasted-eggplant-aubergine-dip/. It has a collection of the must-taste dishes of Lebanese.
Below are the characteristics of Lebanese dishes
- Fresh fruits, veggies, and legumes are in greater amount compared to meat.
- Lebanese cooking does not use high-starch carbohydrates.
- White bread, potatoes, and noodles are rarely used. They prefer lentils and a small amount of rice.
- They love to use a variety of herbs and spices, which makes their cooking really tasty.
- Parsley and mint are a must as they do not only provide crisp and green flavor but they also aid in digestion. Not to mention, parsley and mint are rich in vitamin K, antioxidants, vitamin C, and carotene.
- Lebanese has a traditional sauce called Tahini, which is made from sesame seeds. It contains a lot of oil, which is a good way, enhances the flavor of any dishes. It is known for its distinct rich and nutty flavor.
Baba Ganoush – a traditional Lebanese dish
When talking about Lebanese dish, one can never disregard Baba Ganoush. It is a traditional Lebanese dish made from fire-roasted eggplant topped with olive oil, lemon juice, the classic staple tahini sauce, and other seasonings. Baba Ganoush is known as Middle Eastern dip. It is served as a spread or as a cold dip. It is served alongside with pitas. It is also a great vegetable dip.
If you are feeling a bit adventurous, then do not hesitate to try Lebanese dishes. You can check out online resources for more information about Lebanese dishes such as the Baba Ganoush. Try cooking on your own and savor the rich and delicate flavor of Lebanese cooking. That way, you don’t have to travel far just to get a taste of authentic Baba Ganoush.