Although, fresh beans to make an important element in the coffee, good quality, and right water is an equally important element. In a medium-size cup of a coffee, 99% is water, and the rest is 1% is the remaining elements such as milk, beans, sugar, etc.

Importance of Having The Best Water For Coffee

If you are very picky about the taste of the coffee, then it is vital to use the right water as it is a game changer in terms of the taste of the coffee.

Soft Vs. Hard Water

Generally, if seen with naked eyes, it does become difficult to differentiate between hard water and soft water. However, knowing the difference between the two is extremely important because if the hard water is used in the coffee making machine or a Keurig single-cup brewer can lead to foam damaging.

Soft water lacks any kinds of calcium or magnesium, whereas hard water will have a significant amount of calcium or magnesium. Distilled water is an example of soft water which has no minerals as an element whereas tap water, which is an example of hard water have numbers in it.

Minerals do play an essential role in brewing the coffee properly; that is because minerals help in getting the different flavors to the coffee. Coffee should be brewed only with soft water for the best taste.

Although there are different types of hard water, some hard water might be almost soft; some might be medium hard, whereas some might be as hard as a rock.

Indicator of Bad Water:

If we see the water, it will be very difficult to figure out if it will be hard water or soft water. Hence there are a few ways which can help anyone identify if the water is hard or soft. These are:

  1. Discolored: Water, which is discolored acts as a major factor in deciding whether the water is hard or soft.
  2. Foul Smell: Hard Water generally has a very pungent and a foul smell because it is old stale and has been kept for a long time.
  3. Presence of Particles: Particles floating around the top and surface indicate that the water is not clean.

Don’t Judge the quality of water based on its color and taste. These factors are deceptive. It is important to properly check the usage of the best water for coffee as the right kind of water does make a difference in the taste of the coffee.